5 reasons why you should come to All Queens Day
There are so many reasons why EVERYONE should try to come to All Queens Chess Day on October 18th from 1-4 pm at Bookmans on Speedway. Here are just a couple…
- 1. Meet some of Tucson’s strongest chess players including members of the Arizona Scorpions.
- 2. Watch Council Members Nina Trasoff and Karin Uhlich duke it out in a Ward to Ward battle over the boards.
- 3. Be a king or queen for the day and make your crown at the Bookmans’ arts and crafts station.
- 4. Learn how to play chess with Vice Mayor Regina Romero and First Lady of Tucson Beth Walkup.
- 5. Help celebrate female empowerment and chess with 9 Queens!